Take a Trip Back To America’s Age of Canals
Easton’s Hugh Moore Park is a picturesque extension of the City of Easton where America’s golden age of canals is on full display. With more than two miles of restored Lehigh Canal, a canal boat attraction unlike any other in Pennsylvania and the rest of the Northeast, and one of the country’s largest canal heritage museums, the 520-acre park nestled between the Lehigh Canal and Lehigh River is a throwback to the years when mules pulling canal boats on narrow towpaths was a common sight in much of the United States east of the Mississippi River.
**New improvements to Hugh Moore Park have made it a destination that families do not want to miss! A new playground, bike skills course, and multi-use path await you! Find out more.**
The Delaware & Lehigh National Heritage Corridor interprets this fascinating period of American history in the park through tours of the National Canal Museum and rides on the 110-passenger Josiah White II canal boat. The National Canal Museum is open seasonally, from June until October, and will open for the 2017 season on June 3!
- The National Canal Museum opens on June 3, 2017 and is open on weekends until June 11.
- The National Canal Museum is closed on June 7, 8, and 9 for Immersion Days Field Trips.
- Starting on June 14, 2017, the National Canal Museum is open Wednesdays through Sundays until October 1, 2017.
- From October 7, 2017 until October 29, 2017, the National Canal Museum is open on weekends.
- The National Canal Museum is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays.
- Hours and pricing can be found here.
A series of special Saturday evening dinner cruises throughout the summer and early autumn expands the experience with themed programs that include catered dinners and live music.
Take time to explore the information on this website before you visit. To find Hugh Moore Park and the National Canal Museum, click here.
The Hidden History of Island Park - 1827-2017 opens on June 3! Visit us to see the exhibit between June…